An exciting position for Warehouse Operative Apprentice in Templecombe at Forever England
Forever England Ltd is a family owned business based in Templecombe. We are textile importers, manufacturers and retailers of quality bedroom and general home soft furnishings. We are expanding fast and now have the opportunity to offer work based apprenticeships within our company to the right candidates.
Type of Position:
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join us as an Apprentice with workplace training to complete a NVQ Level 2 Warehousing and Storage course. There will be a permanent position available after the apprenticeship has been completed for the right candidate.
37.5 hours Monday-Friday 9.00-5.00
Training to be provided:
The successful candidate will be given in work job training alongside undertaking a Warehouse and Storage Apprenticeship programme delivered through a local college. The training programme duration will be between 12 and 18 months at NVQ level 2 where evidence will be gathered to build a portfolio showing your competency within the role. Functional Skills to include Maths, English and IT (depending on award and previous qualifications) where a tested part will be completed and you will complete a Technical Certificate to underpin your knowledge of working in the sector; this also comes with a tested part.
• Working with the current warehouse manager, you will maintain high levels of stock availability to keep the pick and despatch departments supplied.
• You will be trained to pick & pack orders to strict deadlines, but you will also be involved in various parts of the business.
• You will be involved with stock management, controlling levels and ordering when required including receiving goods in, stock management, order processing and general office support.
• Working in a warehouse- it is important to follow strict health and safety procedures to maintain a safe working environment for you and your colleagues.
• You will manage the paperwork that your role creates accurately and professionally.
• Increase knowledge of company products and systems.
• Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual stock checks and audits.
• Able to steadily increase productivity levels to meet company targets, whilst maintaining quality standards.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
The Ideal Candidate will:
• Have GCSEs in Maths and English
• Interested in gaining a qualification in warehouse control
• Competency in using Microsoft Excel and Outlook for data entry on an in-house system
• Can demonstrate a logical approach to work
• Good communication skills to liaise with other departments
• Able to listen, understand and carry out instructions
• Ability to work on own initiative and within the team
• Excellent attendance and punctuality
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Must have a flexible approach to work, with the ability to multi task
• An open mind to further training and development
This position offers you the chance to begin your career, earn an attractive weekly wage and gain a nationally recognised qualification, so if you are energetic and a team player apply now!